Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


When I lived in Scotland, twelve years ago, fortunately, I made excellent use of my year abroad. One of the highlights of my time there was a trip to Ireland. My mom and aunt came to visit me and neither had been out of the country before. When planning their itinerary, I made certain to remedy this situation. They visited three countries in one trip. We spent time in Scotland, went to England for a day and then toured Ireland. We stayed in bed and breakfasts. We listened to live Celtic music. My aunt Linda loved Guinness. My mom enjoyed the scenery. A highlight of the trip was a ride. In a small village a man named Michael took us around on a wooden and rustic horse drawn carriage. The four of us, the driver included, were packed tightly in the small box and with knees kissing he gave us a tour of the small town. Because of the tight quarters and touching body parts we fought off giggles the entire ride. So. much. fun. We still laugh just thinking about this experience.

Ireland is a beautiful country to visit, if you can't get there right now, rent P.S. I Love You if you are a traditionalist or Once if you're more artsy and independent, listen to U2 or if you're in New York check out The Dubliner on Stone Street downtown in the Financial District.

Enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day!


xo

T

No comments:

Post a Comment