Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wedding Event in New York City TODAY


Happy Saturday!

If you're engaged or simply a wedding enthusiast, yes you're not alone, there is a great wedding show today at the beautiful Palace Hotel in Manhattan.

Email me or tweet me if you plan to attend, I'd love to say hello. The food last year was outstanding and I know for a fact that the vendors on deck this year are some of the city's finest.

If you are busy today and can't make it don't worry, this is just the first of many great wedding events to come. You'll find links to others to the left of this blog post and if you want my opinions on them, shoot me an e-mail and I'll share what I know.

Haven't hired your photographer yet? Jen Huang will be there. She will be busy photographying the event, but I am sure she could make time for a quick hello. Check our her amazing work here. Haven't thought about your cake yet? Visit Amy from Sugar Flower Shop. Her sugar flowers have been featured in the pages of Martha Stewart Weddings, she uses local ingredients and her cakes taste delicious.

Even if you have hired your vendors or don't find a fit for your wedding, attending quality wedding events is great way to enjoy your engagement and celebrate this very special time leading up to your wedding.

Be prepared to answer: when are you getting married? have you set a date? and have you chosen you venue yet? over and over and in exchange you can certainly expect a glass of wine, a bite to eat and something sweet while listening to great music and seeing beautiful flower arrangements.*

I look forward to seeing you at a wedding event soon! For those of you not in New York, I am attending these events on your behalf and I committed to bringing you the best by way of my blog. Can't wait, need instant gratification? I don't blame you, follow me here on twitter and I'll do my best to give you a play by play of each event live as it happens.


*Obviously, I can't guarantee what each event will offer specifically, but if you've read about an event here, it's quality in my opinion (and of course quality to me means fun nibble and a cocktail) but sometimes even the best only serve food, wine and cake until they run out. That said, if the event is three hours, come early if your schedule allows it, as the good stuff may be more plentiful on the early side.


Photo Credit: This one my favorite's from Matt and Katie's Wedding (full post to come) by Jen Huang

No comments:

Post a Comment