Monday, September 10, 2012

Wedding in Connecticut



I had a wedding in Connecticut this past week. It's fun to add states to my portfolio as I enjoy meeting new vendors, seeing new venues and familiarizing myself with new places- pronto.

While destination and New York City weddings are fabulous, I appreciate the significance and find it very endearing to help couples plan and coordinate hometown weddings. This past weekend's couple has one of those stories that is oh so cool. They are both from the same area, sort of,  but met in Singapore and now live in France. While the bride grew up in CT, the groom, who is French, spent time all over but some of his adolescent years were spent in close vicinity to his bride.

The couple opted to serve French pastries vs. a traditional wedding cake and by the time their guests spent devouring the dessert, I'd say they made the right decision. Their monogram that tops the tower of cream puffs was an a etsy find. The piece montee was accompanied by miniature eclairs, tarts and macaroons. 

Having talked to the bakery on multiple occasions, I can assure you these desserts were all very authentic. It was fun to flaunt the very little French I remember.

Merci to to Isabelle and Vincent. Congratulations to Regan and Christophe!


xo,
Tammy


Editors note: the sweets went so fast, I did not get to try any, thus Isabelle and Vincent have earned a prominent place on my culinary to do list.



No comments:

Post a Comment