Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rainy Central Park Wedding

I have had the pleasure of working with Reverend Annie Lawrence many times now but this week, she really topped herself. In fact this fabulous snapshot is even her instagram. Kim and David came to New York City to get married-- and thanks to Get Married in New York, I got to have a hand in their special day. They exchanged vows at The Ladies Pavilion in Central Park as the skies suddenly opened into a torrential downpour. They remained happy, good spirited, unfazed and oh so photogenic throughout.

As part of their ceremony, they asked Rev. Annie to read the words to the song "I Want to Grow Old With You" by one of my personal favorites-- Adam Sandler, from the movie,  The Wedding Singer. Annie went one step further, she sang it and most beautifully! 

If you're looking for fun, non traditional reading or words for your ceremony, perhaps these say what you are feeling in your heart. 


I Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler
I wanna make you smile,
Whenever you're sad.
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad.
All I wanna do,
Is grow old with you.
I'll get you medicine,
When your tummy aches.
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks.
Oh it could be so nice,
Growin' old with you.
I'll miss you, kiss you,
Give you my coat when you are cold.
Need you, feed you.
Even let you hold the remote control.
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink.
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink.
Oh I could be the man,
Who grows old with you.
I wanna grow old with you.


Annie is in great demand but you would have thought this was her only wedding of the summer, by the care, attention, sentiment and warmth she infused into the delivery of the ceremony. 

Monday was especially challenging due to the sudden elements, but the ceremony was  packed with love, joy and sincerity.

Thanks Annie for being a team player, trading umbrellas for the sake of the photos and handling the challenges like the true pro you are.

Kim and David, it was a pleasure to play a small role in your day. Congratulations and safe travels as you return home to the UK.

xo,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tammy, It's always a joy to celebrate weddings with you. Thanks for your sweet blog post about Kim & David's wedding & my turn as "The Wedding Singer!" Love, @RevAnnieNYC

    ReplyDelete