Monday, March 5, 2012

Wedding Crashers 2012 Recap


Wedding Crashers is wedding planning at it's coolest, and this year was no exception, in fact I was a blown away by the quality of this years event and the vendors who participated.

Sam Zuniss and I represented Brooklyn Betrothed yesterday. It was wonderful to talk to so many people who read our informational wedding blog and enlighten those who had yet to discovered our collective.

More good news, there are still countless ways to personalize your wedding and make it unique. Want to provide your guests with an experience they've never had before, no problem, read on...

It should come as no surprise that some of my favorite finds are food related. My day started with "breakfast" from The Food Freak's food truck. I sampled their grilled cheese and tomato soup, chili, Brussel sprouts and a caramelized bacon truffle.

Later in the day, when the line was finally down, I enjoyed a mini lobster roll (the hot one with butter vs. a traditional with mayo) from The Red Hook Lobster Pound Truck. It was delicious and one of the most talked about food trucks all afternoon.

The Meat Hook had some seriously good mac & cheese and the coolest thing I ate yesterday was the Coolhaus ice cream sandwich. They were making them to order and the varieties of cookies and ice creams were amazing. My sandwich was made of red velvet cookies and brown butter bacon-- are you seeing a trend?



The Green Building was the perfect location to host Wedding Crashers. It's open, airy and oozing with natural light. Thanks to Brooke, Quin and all for making us feel right at home. We also really appreciate Nicole from Brooklyn Based who was able to honor our request of keeping the Brooklyn Betrothed ladies in close proximity.

After the event, Kristina Hill and I headed to The Bell House to check out the band showcase, I know she snapped a few photos, it was fun and I rounded out my day of sweet bacon treats with a chocolate truffle covered in bacon bits, courtesy of Radish!

For more of my favorites from Wedding Crashers 2012, please check out my post on Brooklyn Betrothed.

Enjoy your day!

xo,
Tammy

Photo credit and thanks to Kristina Hill Photography. The beautiful flowers were courtesy of Rebecca Shepherd. Signage and logo design is the artwork of Ruth of Papertopia. For more images from this event, please check out Kristina's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment