Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy November!



I hope you enjoyed a sweet Halloween. I was a dirty birdy. I covered myself in ostrich feathers that I recycled from the centerpieces of a recent bat mitzvah. I carried an empty bucket of chicken compliments of KFC and sported orange tights I found at H&M for $3.99. I drank dirty martinis. (Pictures to come) I love coming up with original, creative, homemade and inexpensive costume ideas. What’s the best costume you saw this year?

Have you seen the beautiful fall foliage? I took Metro North to Yonkers yesterday for a meeting with a bride, her mother and fiancé and the views from the train were spectacular. Then yesterday afternoon, I walked through Central Park with a few of my city slickers and the trees were magnificent.

What’s next? I am gearing up for a delicious Thanksgiving with dear friends in Brooklyn. Tomorrow is the annual Wedding Salon event at the Roosevelt Hotel. I look forward to seeing many familiar faces and meeting new vendors. I know Amy from Sugar Flower Shop decorates cakes beautifully, but I have not tasted her creations yet, so I look forward to this.

(Yes, these are really flowers made of sugar, I borrowed this photo from the Sugar Flower Shop website.)

October was an amazing month for my family. We celebrated my brother’s marriage to a terrific woman. I enjoyed every ounce of their wonderful wedding day. Congratulations to Dan and Reeba! Thanks to Andrea Paradowski for being everywhere, the pictures she made of my family will be treasured, always! (The initial photo of the miniature pumpkins in this post is credited to her.) I look forward to sharing the details of their beautiful fall wedding with you.

Robert Wagner
wrote a great piece to accompany his amazing photos of Mike and Gabrielle’s Montauk wedding.
.

Congratulations to Cam Pietralunga of Pink Sparks on launching a new website for women entrepreneurs. Thank you for featuring me on the website, what an honor. I encourage all women small business owners to check this site out.

Lastly, I finally got to sit down and chat with Jen Huang last week. She is the woman who so brilliantly captured the photographs of Katie and Matt’s Manhattan wedding.
.


Thank you for reading. My goal is to keep this blog authentic, positive and to write when I am inspired to. Sometimes life takes precedence over blogging and it's challenging to keep up with my inspiration. Fortunately my life never leaves me hungry for experiences, but the time to report on my events, activities and ideas in a thoughtful and quality way isn’t always a luxury I have in abundance.

If there is something specific you’d like me to write about simply ask and I’ll see if I can oblige. Congratulations to those of you who are newly engaged! I am genuinely excited for you. I hope you will find some inspiration here as you plan your wedding.

Enjoy autumn as the holidays are soon upon us!

Warmly,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment