Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wedding in Portsmouth, New Hampshire


I recently had the unique and absolutely rewarding experience of planning a vow renewal for a wonderfully deserving couple. Colin is in the Coast Guard and his wife of 10 years is battling stage four breast cancer. When the president of the New York Chapter of Wish Upon a Wedding asked me to grant their first wish of a vow renewal close to their now hometown of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, I was thrilled I was available and excited to get started.

I set out looking for amazing vendors who were available and willing to donate their products and services to this worthy cause. It was a puzzle and the clock was ticking. I had less than a month to secure the venue, enlist vendors, get to know the couple and family and bring all the details together.

Buckets of gratitude and good karma must go out to everyone involved. The only one I had to worry about was mother nature, who in the end after chilly temperatures and weak attempts at rain left us with this amazingly vibrant rainbow. It was almost a you have to see it to believe it moment, because it entered the sky as the last song of the reception ended.

This photo is courtesy of: Laura Marie Duncan, who is maybe one of the nicest gals in the industry. She is so gracious, generous and kind-- from my first call to her until the very end- she was a pleasure to work with. If you need a wedding photographer in Boston or NY-- check out her work.

More on the wedding in the weeks to come. I hope you're all enjoying your summer.

Portsmouth is a great little New England town, I recommend it for the quaint streets, fun shopping and lobster rolls, if you're in need of a little getaway this season!

xo,
Tammy


No comments:

Post a Comment