Friday, March 16, 2012

Destination Weddings In Ireland


I toured a small bit of Ireland last year and while it was vacation, I couldn't help myself from checking out a few wedding venues. I thought this would be the appropriate week to share some of my favorite snapshots as everyone is a little bit Irish heading into this weekend.

Ireland is rich in character, culture and history and offers an abundance of all the necessary ingredients needed to host a destination wedding. Couples can marry and celebrate at a Catholic church, in a garden, at a luxurious hotel or inside an old castle.







Your guests can enjoy the breathtaking scenery, hiking up waterfalls, walks along the countryside, seeing animals, taking in the culture, sampling traditional Irish fare, antique shopping and of course downing pints of Guinness while listening to Celtic music into the week hours of the morning.





Having lived in Scotland after college, I have a special fondness of the United Kingdom and traveling with someone with a keen sense of the land, really allowed me to see the country from an unique and authentic perspective.

If you’re interested in a hosting a wedding in Ireland please reach out to me by telephone or email. For more information on Irish wedding traditions, check out a post from my archives here and if you fancy an Irish wedding and aren't sure how to go about it please check out my tips on Brooklyn Betrothed.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tammy


p.s.

It wouldn't be me if I didn't talk about the food. Ireland gets a bad wrap for their cuisine. And while sometimes the food was true to it's reputation....



other times I enjoyed delicious food that was well prepared with local ingredients and presented in a very inviting way.




The photos were all mine, taken using my trusty little Canon Power Shot SD 1300 IS. For the rest of the pictures from my trip please check out my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment