Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn Recap


Well, here we are again. I have had a fruitful, fantastic and fun fall already and I look forward to sharing some of the highlights of the past month in future posts. With so many wonderful opportunities comes mountains of gratitude to the many colleagues, vendors and especially to my wonderful clients who have enabled me to do what I adore. On a personal note, I want to thank my friends and family who are so generous with their love and support of me and my business even when my schedule does not permit me to reciprocate.

To all of you who have been checking my blog and finding nothing new, I value your loyalty and appreciate your interest, thank you! Swanky weddings, foodie art brunches, killer industry events and more await. I'll keep writing--please keep visiting.

Happy 41st anniversary to my parents, (yesterday)! Like it or not, you two are a good team, and thank God you found each other--! Thanks for the many inquiries on my dad's health. I was with him this past weekend, and I am so delighted to report that he is doing great! He is not only walking on his own, he made a small appearance on the dance floor Saturday night at my cousin's wedding. A very warm welcome home to Flynn and Rowan-- they are little bity loves that I could watch for hours. I am excited to get to know you both. And, it's a boy! In February I get to meet my nephew!

This wedding season (and bridal market) was appropriately topped off with two fabulous industry parties last night. My evening started at the offices of Martha Stewart Weddings. (exciting photo to come!) The presentation of the food passed was absolutely magnificent. I am trying to track down photos of the food so you can see for yourself. I was thrilled to spend time with some of my industry favorites. Then I headed to the New York Public Library (remember where Carrie found out Big wasn't coming!) Lindsay Landman and The Knot planned a quintessential New York City gala for wedding professionals. People flew in from all over the United States, it was a who's who of the wedding world. Preston Baily's enormous ceiling high flower sculpture of a Monique Lhuillier gown, as guests arrived was easily the most photographed element of the evening. What a wonderful, creative and delicious night, I was thrilled to see and catch up with so many people I truly enjoy!

I hope you are enjoying the flavors of the season.

The photo above was taken on apple picking day, a few weeks back. We had perfect weather, great company and delicious donuts. Making apple sauce is still on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment