Saturday, August 14, 2010

Aarti Paarti!


Thank you to all my followers and clients who have been so patient, generous and supportive as my trip to Mexico immediately turned into an unexpected family leave. My dad's broken hip led to complications with landed him in Intensive Care. After three loooong weeks in Wisconsin, I am thrilled to report my dad is continuing his recovery at home. I am so happy to be back in New York and plan to make up for lost time.

As I catch up with existing clients, meet perspective brides and grooms, plan new events and draft blog posts, it feels great to be back and have a few truly productive days under my belt.

Last week I was invited to participate in a focus group hosted by the women behind Rent the Runway, a new online destination to find fashion at a fraction of the retail price. Their motto: Love, Wear, Return. They rent designer dresses for 10% of what a women would pay to purchase the same garment.

Music from the 1920's filled the summer evening air on Wednesday. The Wedding Library hosted an event at the Museum of the City of New York. I tried my very first mint julep, and boy was Great Performances pouring strong cocktails. I was most taken by the vintage fashion and the wonderful dancing, both made me want to take a giant step back in time.

A tour of the stunning Cooper Square Hotel prepared me for a client meeting; the views from the penthouse are spectacular. Before, I enjoyed a lovely lunch with Jackie of Merci New York. We sat in the back terrace and was ironically seated next to a bride and groom hosting a very intimate yet beautiful wedding lunch alfresco. I recommend busy city brides visit Merci NY for a daily source of chic and stylish inspiration.

This week I have plans to catch up with dear friends, there are two exciting industry events that are piquing my interest AND I have two weddings!

Hearty congratulations to Aarti, The Next Food Network Star! I am so very happy for her and can not wait to watch her new show, Aarti Paarti! She plans to infuse accessible food with her Indian heritage. Delicious! (Her blog is news to me, I am excited to check out her recipes, too!)

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment