Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Dessert Table




Amy Atlas's dessert tables offer me and so many others a source of inspiration. I am happy to share her very sweet Valentine's Day dessert table. Amy was featured on a local television program yesterday walking viewers through the items she chose and offering some secrets to well designed dessert displays. You can see it here.

I was co-hosting a bridal bling party a few weeks ago and wanted all the desserts to sparkle. While shopping at the infamous New York Cake and Baking on West 22nd Street, I was fortunate to find an excellent sales person to help me. I told her I was planning to create edible bling. I asked her if she had heard of Amy Atlas, because I wanted to design a table with her in mind and was looking for the right elements. The sales women asked my name and said why would you want to be anything but yourself. Such wisdom in an unexpected place, with that said, it's great to get inspiration from all over, but when planning your next party or event, be true to yourself, your guests will appreciate it.

Photos are courtesy of Amy Atlas's blog Sweet Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment