Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wedding Gowns and Bridesmaid dresses


I had the pleasure of meeting bridal gown and bridesmaid dress designer Coren Moore last night. I was so refreshed by her dresses.

While I could look at wedding photos, sample hors d'oeuvres, taste wine, talk about graphic design and listen to first dance songs all day long, I admit to not having fully developed my bridal gown gene. Certainly not due to a a lack of quality gowns, but instead I will contribute this to the fact that I am not a size three. Often times dresses are designed with smaller statues in mind. I know many salons do have dresses to accommodate tall, short, thin and not so thin but it's a girl thing ingrained in me and it's simply hard to shake. I am always asked what my wedding would be like, and I can certainly describe many details of the day but when asked specially about the dress I'd choose, I often breeze over it saying I want something that fits me well and flatters my figure.

Meanwhile last night I was so pleasantly surprised by the gowns I saw. The simple elegance and real woman appeal was undeniable. The showroom is conveniently located in Manhattan's garment district. The dresses are made in a factory across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment