Friday, December 4, 2009

Celebrating Christmas


(Scratch and Sniff Christmas Cards)

It's beginning to look, feel, sound, taste and smell a lot like Christmas... I love this time of year leading up to the holidays. Let the shopping, eating, baking, drinking, entertaining, celebrating with friends and visiting with family begin.

Tonight I am thrilled to be attending a preview of Martha Stewart's Holiday Craft Sale. Employees of the company are talented and creative. They are selling handmade items which includes: jewelry, scarves, accessories and home décor items. The sale is open to the public tomorrow from 12-6.

Another unique shopping opportunity is the Brooklyn Flea.

Sunday is Christmas tree time! Trimming the tree is one of my favorite holiday rituals. I traditionally host a party inviting my friends to decorate my tree. This year, I am helping a friend deck his halls.

Another friend hosts a cookie exchange party annually. This year I have been invited to a cookie decorating party and a cooking contest party. Prizes will be awarded for: Best Presentation, Best Taste, Looks Store Bought, and Nice Try...Better Luck Next Year. Love that my friends are getting so creative and what a fun way to entertain in a recession.

How do you acknowledge the holidays and what is your favorite part(y) of the season?

Looking to celebrate with limited budget or time to invest? Celebrate Melangerie style with this fun and easy template for a fast and reasonable decor and tablescape alternative. Purchase the PDF here.


Want something more personalized or elaborate, we can still Make It Merry. Contact me for last minute holiday specials and host a creative, thoughtful and original party for 2-200 that your guests will cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment