Sunday, May 31, 2009

Culinary Movie


I saw an excellent movie last night! I went in thinking I was going to be treated to a culinary flick, but left having cried, laughed and being reminded of how differently people grow up and how fortunate I am to have had the childhood I did and the parents I do.

This documentary shadows the lives of Philadelphia's inner city high school students. They are pushed by their teacher to prepare for a culinary competition that awards winners with college scholarships.

Marcus Samuelsson, executive chef at Aquavit, invited one the students to do an internship at his popular Manhattan restaurant. He was joined by the movie's producers, the teacher and one of the students for a q&a after the film.


Check out Pressure Cooker.
What is your favorite culinary inspired film?

No comments:

Post a Comment