Thursday, January 22, 2009

Luxury Wedding Business Summit


Engage! '09 Something Blue conference in Grand Cayman has an excellent program with amazing speakers. They are offering the attendance fee to one very deserving recipient.
Wish me luck, please!

The instructions: In 400 words or less, please tell us why you are most deserving of this opportunity, what you hope to gain, personally and professionally, by attending this event and what aspects of engage '09 appeal to you most.

My essay:
I am deeply committed to the success of my event planning company. By building awareness, generating interest, and attracting new clients I will achieve this goal. My systems are in place. My tools are tweaked. I am nurturing strong vendor relationships, securing my place in the industry, strengthening my role in the community all while respecting the environment.

Grateful for the ideal profession, I am making every effort to make this endeavor lucrative without compromising the personalized service and high standards I pride myself on.
As a new entrepreneur, I am conscious of my budget and careful of my spending. I see the tremendous value in Engage ‘09. Research for my website, led me to the sites of Michelle Rago, Marcy Blum and Alison Events. An opportunity to spend time with the most talented professionals in my industry would be phenomenal.

I am currently planning four very different weddings. There is a formal Korean wedding at a country club on Long Island. The next couple is either getting married in Montauk at sunrise or in Costa Rica. Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison, Wisconsin is the home to an autumn wedding. Clients from Frankfurt, Germany plan to wed in a modern Manhattan loft space.

Happy with these opportunities to exercise my enthusiasm and showcase my talent, the chance to develop my skills and knowledge furthers at Engage ’09 simultaneously would compliment these experiences perfectly. This program will add to my skill set, thus enabling me to operate my business more effectively. I believe in surrounding myself with good people. I am fortunate to be in a city that sets high expectations but with that comes fierce competition. I must take every opportunity to better myself, and improve my business. I value education and never want to stop learning.

Social Networking has been a key component in the marketing of my business. Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter are excellent vehicles to discuss projects, explore ideas, strengthen relationships and report progress. Networking and blogging have also played significant roles in the launch of my company.

Volunteering for City Harvest enables me participate in diverse programs and events to feed hungry New Yorkers. I am also assisting in a benefit for a start up organization dedicated to bringing more healthy resources to New York City.

I love designing invitations, creating original goodie bags, planning birthday parties, baby and bridal showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment